Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pendulum at The Guvernment - Toronto

As DESTINY Events turned 21 years old, what better way to celebrate than having Pendulum join you and take over the Guvernment. The party was a full on Drum and Bass collaboration as along side the Australians saw support from the talented Marcus Visionary and Lush.

To start off I cannot say that I am a front-runner for Drum and bass music but I certainly always willing to give it a chance.  I have undoubtedly heard a lot about but I haven’t had the chance to see them do a DJ set live. When Pendulum is mentioned there is no doubt that Knife Party is go to come up. Knife Party is the side project of Rob Swire and Gareth McGrillen who originally formed Pendulum along with Paul Harding.

If you have ever heard a Knife Party set you know the type energy they let off, Pendulum is no different. The sound was strong and the BPM were high! The great thing about the night apart from the music was the people.  The people at this event mixed from old school parachute pant ravers, kandi kids, rocker and frankly normally clothed fans.  I have done a lot of Electronic events but I must say the way dnb fans commit to the music and the dancing is incredible.

I also have to thank my new friend Diego, who runs DiGo SyN Promotions, they provided me with a pair of comp tickets to the show as a result of a contest.  Hell of a good way to spend a Friday night at the legendary and soon be closing Guverment. Cheers and Thank you!




No comments:

Post a Comment